Trust me, I’m an HR specialist too. I know exactly what it’s like trying to make it to the bottom of your to-do list every day without a decent system in place to assist you.
Here are 12 HR headaches that are really signs you need some tech help to get your job done:
1. You lost track of all your excel spreadsheets.
2. Your week starts on Sunday because you need to prepare “that” report for first-thing Monday morning – every week!
3. Everyone thinks your team is only there to do paper work, instead of actively supporting the people in your organisation.
4. Some members of your team are so embedded in spreadsheets that they talk in Excel functions.
5. You’re sure you know where “that” document is, you just saw it, and it will only take you a few minutes to find it… …but three days later, it’s still missing!
6. You have an audit in one hour and there’s one manager who didn’t sign the document you asked them to authorise two months ago – and of course today they’re not in.
7. Employees still need to fill in a form if they want to change their personal details …and then you have to manually enter the info into five different spreadsheets.
8. You are tired of asking managers four times to send you their team’s time off report: Every. Single. Month.
9. People seem to ask how many days holidays they have left Every five minutes!
10. You are spending most of your time on your computer rather than with the actual humans in your company.
11. You hate the reaction from your team when you ask them to update employee records, as you know it takes hours.
12. the biggest reason you need a good HR system is because this is your life:
Born in the magnificent city of Lisbon, the warm sun encouraged Monica to be a happy and positive person. During her frequent travels, she became a real people person, and that sent her in the direction of Human Resources – her career for the past 7 years. If you want to have a chat about HR stuff (or Portugal), you can find her on LinkedIn.